Al Andalus University For Medical Sciences
Al Andalus University for Medical Sciences is a private higher education institution, exists in the Syrian Arab Republic under the provisions of Presidential Decree No. (191) Date 6/5/2005, and linked to the Ministry of Higher Education within the limits provided by Legislative Decree No. (36) Dated 16/8/2001.
AU is an independent scientific academic institution working to achieve the goals of higher education and scientific research in the Syrian Arab Republic, and shall for this purpose, not inconsistence with the in forced laws or the political objectives of the Syrian Arab Republic:
- Develop curricula and programs of study and research plans.
- Holding exams.
- Awarding honor degrees, specialized certificates, and postgraduate.
- Set detailed organizational structure and recruitment configurations as needed in its scientific, technical, administrative, and other places. And employ the occupants of these jobs in accordance with its regulations.
- The degrees awarded by the university offset by the judgment of scientific degrees awarded by universities and government institutes in the Syrian Arab Republic.
AU aims to achieve progress in the fields of science, technology and medical practices, and support achieving objectives like deployment and development of human civilization, Expand the horizons of human knowledge, and contributes in the realization of the national sufficiency and economic and social development in Syrian Arab Republic and the Arab World, and that will be as follows :
- Preparing specialists in different branches of medical sciences, supporting and providing them with high scale of knowledge and skills that will keep them in pace with science, technology and human civilization.
- Providing opportunities for Syrian, Arab and foreigner students, to complete their studies in our homeland
- Getting back Arab scientists and doctors from the foreignness, and provide them with job opportunities and help them in serving their nation.
- Helping in rising and sharing scientific researches and supporting the contribution in scientific and technical progress especially those aimed at finding solutions to various health issues that are facing economic and social development.
- Developing the means and methods of research, education and pedagogy, including placing and developing the university educational literature with translations and creating laboratories and hospitals that are necessary for scientific research.
- Contribute to the rehabilitation and training courses and constant education.
- Raising student’s scientific personality and boosting his passion for work and science.
- Guiding the students toward the ideal choice of the events they will practice in the future.
- Encouraging cultural, social, artistic and sports activities.
- Encouraging the scientific and cultural connections with universities and scientific institutes, whether it was Arabic or international.
- Achieve the highest level of interaction between Al Andalus University and the surrounding community with its economic, social and municipal institutions.
Research Areas at Al Andalus University
Andalus Proton Therapy Center
Andalus Implantable Bio Artificial Kidney Project
The Faculty of Medicine at AL-Andalus University is looking forward to achieving excellence in scientific research, through the project of developing a bio-artificial kidney because of its great benefit to patients with chronic renal insufficiency, which are increasing in numbers worldwide, and because the currently available treatment at the moment (the dialysis and kidney transplant) does not achieve the ultimate goal of finding an ideal alternative kidney.
Andalus Immunological Drugs Therapy Project
Andalus artificial limbs center
The Center seeks to refine the national expertise in this field through the design, manufacture and testing of prostheses. The technicians and doctors of Al-Andalus Center install the prostheses of patients optimally. The staff provides technical support and regular maintenance services to the patients. They also supervise teaching the patients how to use their prosthetic properly.