- The Academic year at the Faculty of Hospital Management is divided into two 16-week semesters.
- Two exam sessions are arranged for annually by the faculty. The schedules of which are determined according to the annual calendar provided by the University Council. One exam session is performed at the end of each semester, and it includes the modules taught during the first and second semesters.
Duration of Study:
The period of study to obtain a “Bachelor’s Degree in Hospital Management” is four years.
Rules governing attendance, success and graduation:
First: Rules governing attendance:
- The Faculty Council has the right to transfer the teaching of any module from one semester to another in the same year when necessary.
- Attendance is mandatory for all the years, and the attendance percentage necessary for a student to be allowed to sit an exam for any module is a minimum of 85% of both practical and theoretical study hours independently, and students who do not achieve this attendance percentage for any module are prevented from sitting the exam of that module.
Second: Rules governing success
- Module grades are distributed as follows:
- For modules with theoretical part only:
- 25% for class activity.
- 75% for the final exam.
- For modules with theoretical and practical parts:
- 60% for final exam.
- 40% for class activity
- For modules with practical part only:
- 50% for class activity.
- 50% for final exam.
- The grade of each exam ranges from zero to one hundred marks. The pass mark is 60 for each module.
- Any student who does not attend their exam is given zero.
- Any student who achieves an absence percentage of higher than 15% of the total number of attendance hours designated to the module is prevented from sitting the final exam and gets zero in that module exam.
- Any student who passes all the exams of the modules of a particular year (and of all the years before it) can proceed to the next year. In this case the student “succeeds” to the next year.
- A student who fails up to 4 module exams of a particular year (and of all the years before it) can still proceed to the next year. In this case the student is “transferred” to the next year.
- Any student “transferred” to the next year as a result of the exam results of the first semester is entitled to be enrolled for a number of modules from the next year. This number is limited so that the total number of modules enrolled for and the number of modules of previous year(s) still not passed is not more than 4.
Third: Rules governing graduation
- An undergraduate degree is granted under the following classifications:
- With Honours: if the student gets an overall average of 95% or above.
- With Distinction: if the student gets an overall average of 85% up to 95% (excluded).
- Very Good: if the student gets an overall average of 75% up to 85% (excluded).
- Good: if the student gets an overall average of 65% up to 75% (excluded).
- Fair: if the student gets an overall average of 60% up to 65% (excluded).
- Registration of students, including students transferred from other universities, is subject to the regulating rules and principles of Al Andalus University concerned with registration and transfer of students.