This module aims at:
- Introducing students to dental trauma cases and how to deal with them.
- Teaching students how to write medical prescriptions when necessary.
- Teaching students how to manage hard and complex extraction cases.
The module teaches students how to perform intraoral and extraoral regional anaesthesia and introduces them to the relationship between general diseases and dentistry, first aids required by dentists, how to deal with complex cases of dental extraction and how to perform surgical extraction.
- Regional Anaesthesia techniques in the oral cavity
- General Diseases and their relationships to anaesthesia and extraction (1)
- General Diseases and their relationships to anaesthesia and extraction (2)
- Management of oedema in oral surgery
- Dry socket (alveolar osteitis)
- Management of bleeding after extraction (1)
- Management of bleeding after extraction (2)
- Management of emergency cases
- Incisions, cicatrisation and suturing
Lectures using PowerPoint presentations and practical sessions.
Tests during sessions, individual questions and theoretical and practical tests.