The university aims at taking care of students scientifically, practically and educationally, and is striving to achieve this with high quality and in accordance with international standards. It also strives to provide continuous training to educational, technical and service staff at the university. In addition, it is working to gain an advanced position in the field of original and purposeful scientific research, which can only be achieved through the presence of: researchers, research facilities and materials, funding, advanced information system, etc. This has been recognized by the University, therefore, a clear and scientific methodology has been adopted for this purpose, as well as for the purpose of providing high quality educational, medical and health services for generations to come.
- To raise the scientific and educational levels in line with modern scientific developments.
- To exchange expertise and information with others, and attract migrant ‘brains’ and encourage them to return home.
- To secure high-level local educational opportunities that enable students to pursue their specializations at international universities.
- To cooperate with international educational institutions, and secure lecturers with an outstanding scientific competence.
- To encourage scientific research through cooperating with international research centres.
- To improve the level of medical services offered to patients in Syria.
First: Faculty of Dentistry
• The faculty was opened in (2007-2008) academic year. The faculty awards a bachelor’s degree in dentistry after a study period of five years. It has four clinics with (44) dental chairs for clinical training. Each clinic has a screen and a sensor, as well as two panoramic x-ray machines, two topographic cameras (in the radiology department) and two sterilization rooms. Faculty laboratories are equipped with all educational materials such as manikins, dental drills, lab motors, gypsum labs and dental prosthetics for lab training.
• Four classes have graduated so far from the faculty. The results of the Unified National Test have confirmed the excellent scientific level of the faculty graduates with a success percentage of 72% for the academic year (2014-2015).
• Area of Scientific Research: Stem Cells and Dentistry.
Second: Faculty of Pharmacy
• The faculty was opened in (2007-2008) academic year. The faculty awards a degree in pharmacy. The duration of study is five years. The faculty aims at preparing scientific cadres that contribute to raising the level of health awareness amongst citizens in regard to medicines and the need to use them properly. The faculty is equipped with the latest laboratory and teaching equipment and supplies.
• Four classes have graduated so far from the faculty. The graduates are of a good scientific level as confirmed by the results obtained in the Unified National Test, where the success percentage was 70%.
• Area of Scientific Research: Immunological drugs and medicinal plants.
Third: Faculty of Medicine
• The faculty was opened in (2011-2012) academic year. The faculty awards a degree in medicine. The duration of study is six years.
• The faculty has two buildings:
- One for the Faculty of Medicine. It consists of teaching halls, laboratories, offices for the teaching staff and other service offices.
- Another for Al Andalus University Hospital. It has a capacity of 133 beds, as well as an emergency department and 8 surgery rooms. In addition, it has outpatient clinics with various specialties and labs for radiological imaging, medical analysis, etc.
• Area of Scientific Research: Bioartificial kidney.
Fourth: Faculty of Medical Engineering
• The faculty was opened in (2011-2012) academic year. The faculty awards a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering after a study period of five years. The faculty has many labs that are equipped with many electronic and electrical devices that meet its educational needs. The opening of the faculty was motivated by the need for biomedical engineers in hospitals and medical institutions. They are required to maintain, develop and manufacture medical equipment.
• Area Scientific Research: Proton Beam Therapy.
Fifth: Faculty of Nursing
• The faculty was opened in (2015-2016) academic year. Duration of study is four years. The faculty aims to graduate distinguished nurses scientifically and practically. These graduates complement the work of physicians, and might even replace them in many cases. To achieve this goal, the faculty has been supplied with the best training and educational equipment.
• Area of Scientific Research: Mental health and full recovery.
Sixth: Faculty of Hospital Management
• The faculty was opened in (2015-2016) academic year. Duration of study is four years.
• The faculty aims to graduate educated and confident managers who are capable of making the right decisions and devising scientific solutions to the problems they face during their daily work.
• Area of Scientific Research: Affiliation and continuous development.