- The academic year at the college of nursing in Al-Andalus University is divided into two sessions, the first (fall) and second (spring) with a duration of / 16 / weeks for each session.
- The College conducts two annual examination periods, which are scheduled according to the annual calendar determined by the University Council, where the first period is usually at the end of the first semester and the second at the end of the second semester. The examinations of each period include the courses of the first and second semesters according to the rules governing the exam.
Duration of the study:
The duration of study to obtain (Bachelor degree in nursing) is four.
Rules governing time, success and graduation:
Article (1) - The College Council may transfer the teaching of a course from one semester to another in the same year when necessary.
Article (2) – Attendance is mandatory and the number of hours required to take the exam for any of the courses is at least 85% of the total number of practical and theoretical hours. Each student shall be denied the opportunity to take the exam if he does not achieve the required hours
Article (3) - Course grades are distributed as follows
- The grades of theoretical courses are distributed as follows:
25% Coursework, 75% Final exam.
- In courses that contain theoretical and practical content, grades are distributed as follows:
40% Coursework, 60% Final exam.
- The grades of practical courses are distributed as follows:
50% Coursework, 50% Final exam.
Article (4) - The exam marks for each course is from 0 to 100. The student is considered to have passed if he / she obtains at least 60 marks in the course exam.
- The student is given a grade of zero in the exam that he misses.
- A student is prohibited from applying for the final exam of a course if he is absent by more than 15% of the total number of hours designated for the course, and therefore, the mark given in that course is zero.
- The student is considered successful and transferred to the higher year when he succeeds in all the courses of the previous year.
- The student is transferred to the higher year at the end of the second semester if he fails not more than four courses in all the previous years.
- The student who is transferred to a higher year in the first semester is allowed to study not more than four courses from the higher year.
Article (5) - General Provisions: All that is not provided in the instructions and rules of the exams are subject to the rules and regulations governing exams at Al Andalus University.
Article (6) - The bachelor's degree is granted the following grades:
- Honors if the student’s general average is (95) or more.
- Excellence t if the student’s general average is (85) up till (95)
- Very good if the student’s general average is (75) up till (85).
- Good if the student’s general average is (65) up till (75)
- Acceptable if the student’s general average is (60) up till (65)
Article (7) - Registration of students, including those from other universities, is subject to the rules and regulations governing Al Andalus University with regards to conditions of transfer and registration for all students.