The Faculty of Dentistry at Al Andalus University was opened based on the fact that the health of the mouth and teeth is an intrinsic part of the general human health, and that dentists contribute greatly to the general health of society and to make people happier. The faculty strives to:
- Provide highly-qualified dentists academically, professionally and ethically.
- Contribute towards deepening its connection with society through the provision and development of better health care for the mouth and teeth of members of the community, through closer cooperation with all sectors concerned with health issues and through strategic partnerships aimed at developing education and support opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Excel in scientific research in a way that is commensurate with the needs of the community and keeps pace with scientific development.
The Faculty of Dentistry at the Al Andalus University adopts the semester system as follows:
- The academic year at the Faculty of Dentistry at Al Andalus University is divided into two 16-week semesters, First and Second, including the exam periods.
- Two exam sessions are arranged for annually by the faculty, the schedules of which are determined according to the annual calendar provided by the University Council. The first session is usually performed at the end of the first semester and the second session is at the end of the second semester. The first exam session includes the modules related to the first semester and any other failed modules from previous semesters. The second exam session includes the modules related to the second semester and any other failed modules from previous semesters, according to the exam rules and regulations.
The faculty of Dentistry at Al Andalus University aims at:
- Preparing highly-qualified dentists who are well aware of the dental needs of the society, able to contribute towards the provision of preventive and therapeutic dental health care to all citizens, and well knowledgeable in their area of specialty in order to keep pace with the progress of science and technology and global civilization.
- Preparing graduates to pursue their postgraduate studies and conduct scientific research that is commensurate with the needs of society and that keeps pace with global developments, both therapeutically and aesthetically, in order to be able to participate in the advancement of dental research, especially in those fields related to the economic and social issues facing society.
- Developing the means and methods of learning and teaching in the areas of dental science in line with the health needs of the community and its development and to keep pace with global development and adopting scientific and practical techniques necessary to achieve this. In addition, the faculty aims also at providing academic publications and references as well as laboratories necessary for scientific research.
- Working to secure continuous education and training in the areas adopted by the faculty and provide training and continuous education courses for dentistry graduates in various specialties with the aim of developing treatment services and linking the university with the community.
- Developing medical teamwork and ensuring closer cooperation with all sectors concerned with health issues in the society.
- Strengthening the cultural and scientific links with other national and international dentistry colleges and scientific bodies with the aim of developing scientific research and graduate studies.